Monday, April 29, 2013

Watercolor Fun!!

Hello and Happy Monday Everyone!!!

Water-coloring is very trendy nowadays!! Its super easy and super fun to do.
There is no strict rules to follow or lots of blending to do or special/expensive supplies need for water coloring.
Actually you can use any watercolor...like cheap kiddie ones, simple water color pencils, Gelatos, Aquarelle pencils, Inktense pencils, distress markers, distress paints...pretty much anything water soluble and colorful.
Okay!! I'm not a PRO but I like trying new trends.

Now here are the results of my fun watercoloring evening...


I used THIS Art Impression stamp set for this card....simply colored it with water and Inktense pencils.

This card is for the following challenges...
Cards For Men: Animals.
Pause, Dream, Enjoy: Outdoor critters.

Next... 
I used Inktense pencils again..
I used the SAME Ai stamp set for this card.
Easy peasy coloring...just added a anchor charm with May Arts Jute twine.

This card is for the following challenges...

 Retro sketches: Sketch #61.
Cupcake Craft : Water/sea.
Amusing Challenges: Anything goes.

...now for the last card I used  Faber-Castell- Aquarelle pencils.
This card is done a bit differently...usually I stamp and then color but here I colored the spots where I want to stamp first and them stamped with coordinating inks.
Just wanted to try out some new ways ;)
The stamp set is from Wplus9.

This card is for the following challenges...
Design Memory Craft: Inspired by gardens.
Critter Sketch:Flowers.
Get Inky!: Floral fun.

All the 3 watercolored cards are for MOXIE FAB WORLD-Wonder of WATERCOLOR challenge too!!!

Did I mention that my Camera broke... Super sad!!!
The lens won't move, I love it , its simple one and I've been using it for 4 years now.
Now I've to take pics with my iphone..until I get it fixed.
iphone is good but not the best for card pics.
What do you think the pics are OKAY?????

Check out the fun post on Coloring...Coloring Outside the Lines!!!

Thanks for stopping!!!

15 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Oh my! All three water-coloring cards in one amazing post! I love how you color these carefree images and how water-coloring bringing them to life! I can't pick a favorite...These photos are perfectly fine! Hope you get the lenses fixed soon! You rock, Piali :)

Becky said...

Fabulous cards! I love the new water coloring trend and you did a great job with it. Thanks for joining us for the "Outdoor Critters" challenge at Pause, Dream, Enjoy Challenges!

Becky
PDE Challenges DT

SD pooja said...

Lovely cards !

Faye said...

Piali, I love all of these cards, but the second really ticks my boxes. I love the watercolour look. Thanks for playing at Cupcake. X

Joan V said...

Piali, wow, gorgeous. I haven't been reading blogs lately, but I am glad that I popped in on yours. You are so talented. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a BEAUTIFUL day.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Stunning1 Love then all!

Shea said...

Wow, for not being a "pro," you sure know your way around water coloring! These are fantastic! Thanks for joining us at CI Paints this week!

Hussena said...

Oh Wow!! all your three cards are just stunning Piali ..i love how the water color lends such a soft look to the stamped image its almost like a beautiful painting...and you definitely seem to be a pro at it :)

Renuka said...

You are amazing with the brush.. love the soft look of the colours and the painting like feel..

Scrapping Girl said...

These are just gorgeous!!!!! I love all three! So glad you joined us at Pause Dream Enjoy challenges this week :)
Michelle

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

Wonderful card - I love that image and your painting is fab.

Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men

Caz

Chris said...

ummm...you look like a pro to me!! Each card is beautiful! Thanks for playing with my Amusing Challenge this week...I'm really glad you did!

Unknown said...

All of your cards are truly Beautiful! just love the colors and your coloring! Thanks for joining us over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine!

Janis Lewis said...

These are all so good. I love the soft watercoloring. Your cards are featured on our PDE Challenges Facebook page. Go check it out! Thank you for playing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. Be sure to check out our Facebook Page to see if your project entry was highlighted and linked to your blog!
PDE Challenge Page on Facebook
:) Janis

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Piali! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)